I thought I would share my Three Good Things post today that highlighted two wonderful books.
Three Good Things Day 1197:
1. Helping people at work
2. The US Open especially Carla Suarez Navarro’s huge upset over Maria Sharapova
3. The joy and love in Sharon Creech’s juvenile novel “Love That Dog” about how a boy learns to love poetry. It’s one I have read many times and got in the mail today. It’s also something I think my friend Melissa Geathers would love to start with her son Isaiah. ****
4. The heartbreaking and beautiful prose in Leslie Feinberg’s “Stone Butch Blues” about being butch then trans in a world not accepting of either.
5. Tom Scott
8. Making Lanna Lee Maheux a steak dinner and having steak salad myself.
9. Leftover mac and cheese
10. Reading outside
11. Getting lost in a book
12. Libraries, both personal and public.