I am always skeptical of these memes. But I liked it was only for 5 days and just 3 things a day.
I am now in day 10. And really enjoying it.
It’s nice to think of positive things in the morning and the good things going on your life. Definitely encourage y’all to try it.
Day 1 I can’t seem to find so let me do some new ones.
1. Thinking of positive things in life.
2. Moving and the chances to pare down.
3. New beginnings.
Day 2 of three positive things
1. Being able to explore beautiful Portland, Maine
2. Having lunch with a friend.
3. Slow progress on packing.
Day 3 of 3 positive things.
1. I have a job.
2. I can move my job to Connecticut.
3. Maine is so green.
Day 4 of three positive things
1. The quiet of the pre dawn witching hours
2. A comfy, comfy bed
3. Friends to help you through this weird world.
Day Five of three things that make me happy.
1. Lenny barely fitting himself in the bathroom sink.
2. Things coming out great in the crockpot.
3. Hanging out with cool and crazy friends.
Day 6 of three things that make me happy. Meme is for 5 days but keeping it going.
1. Generous friends who put on a wonderful party on a glorious night. Great people with great spirits is awesome.
2. The beautiful summer days and nights of Maine.
3. New beginnings. Lanna Lee starts a new job tomorrow in Connecticut and around one month to move. Huge change and a chance for new relationships while keeping the old ones. It’s something I want to make an effort on.
Day 7 of three good things
1. Have 3 days off a week with my job. Let’s me sleep in on Tuesday and Wednesday.
2. My job offers a lot of PTO and flexibility to switch shifts.
3. I help people get medical care and peace of mind with my job.
I like helping people. We live in broken times. Let’s heal.
Three good things: Day 8
1. Making a lot of progress of the move.
2. Having all of this stuff to give away. I hope it finds a good home.
3. A cool day to pack in.
Yep all about moving right now.
Three good things day nine.
1. Hearing wonderful poetry from Slam Free or Die as the feature before The National Poetry Slam next week in Oakland. Especially from Sam Rush and Christopher Clauss.
2. New readers of poetry going on the stage for the first time and showing their truth.
3. Amazing lunches with friends. I want to get together with people before I move to Connecticut in a month.
4. (Bonus) Local craftsmen and artists making amazing things.
Blessed be. Try this. I was skeptical and have really enjoyed it.
3 good things day 10:
1. That I got to spend 9 1/2 years (since January 2005) living in the Portland, Maine area. Portland is a very special small city.
2. Having dinner at Schulte & Herr last night. Potato Pancakes with apple sauce and the rye dipping stuff with sour cream, cream cheese and spices is delicious, as is that stuff on rye bread. And some nice rich split pea and ham soup. It don’t get no betta. If you haven’t been yet it’s on Cumberland near Preble and actually quieter in the summer.
3. Getting some good sleep finally last night.
4. Going to Urban Farm Fermentory for some of the best kombucha ever. I love that they let the 1.5% alcohol come out. Many places denature their kombucha when hurts flavor. Wonderful tasting room on Anderson St. too.
5. Having some delicious beer at Rising Tide. Lovely tasting room.
6. Getting some of the amazing and delicious herbal Little Lads popcorn for Lanna before we leave town. Seriously yummy.
That’s definitely not 3 things, but I guess I am an overachiever.