I saw a post from my friend Allie Munier on Facebook about 4 movies that define me.
As usual I want to do more.
I have a Three Good Things Post that usually averages around 10-12.
- My favorite movie of all time, Brazil. Surreal, weird and actually bizarrely with several versions. I think especially with tax day yesterday we feel like we are all drowning in paperwork sometimes. And dreams can be wonderful and strange places. Wicked good.
- The Empire Strikes Back – Star Wars could also be here because I saw it at 3, loved it and had tons of toys just like a lot of kids around my age. But, Empire is the far better and richer movie. I also love that the technology never works.
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail – This is very silly. Also very quotable. Ni!
- GoodFellas – Just narrative brilliance. Great use of a soundtrack too. Fantastic film.
- The Raiders of the Lost Ark – Just brilliant. Like every shot is brilliant. Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones is of course awesome. Nazis make great bad guys. And just little things like the monkey and the bullwhip scene. And Karen Allen as Marion Ravenwood is one of my first crushes.
Those are the five I put in my Facebook post. (Actually skipped Empire at first but it didn’t seem right)
There is other stuff I could think about like Young Frankenstein, Dr. Strangelove, Rear Window, Vertigo and Intolerance but I think those five work.