Found some old poems on a legal pad on my shelf inspired by surreal poet Russell Edson. Looks like these are from when I was substitute teaching so somewhere between 2005-2007.
Sometimes when you travel you get lucky.
Me and Lanna are moving to Connecticut and going up 8 towards 84 on the way home. A mile before 84 we decided to get off the road and find lunch.
After a couple miles or so on the old road now Main Street we found the Banana Brazil Grill. A small place next to an old motel. At first we drove by it and then circled back.
It’s delicious. A buffet with unlimited food including meat on a fire rotisserie. Only $12.99. The rice and beans and rare beef are spectacular. Lanna loved their potato salad. It’s clearly a neighborhood place where Portuguese is spoken. I am seeing takeout and even huge party platters.
I am sure I am not saying enough but if you are in the area you have to go. Plug it in the phone with an empty stomach and prepare for happiness. ****
It’s on 2060 South Main Street in Waterbury, Connecticut near where 84 and 8 come together. But not right off the road. Definitely will require a GPS.
They are open 6am-10pm seven days a week. The phone number is 475-235-2671.
1. That Swype is pretty good at guessing the correct words. Well not always.
2. That I am finally going to Connecticut today even though the bus is going at 2:30 from Boston not noon.
3. Boston Chinatown is wicked close to South Station so I can go search out for dumplings.
4. Friends who are cooking for us tonight.
5. A realtor that agreed to work with us.
6. A chance this week to run around Connecticut and explore the Shelton area.
7. Music to drown out the madness of bus travel.
8. Cheap bus fares and Concord Trailways, one of the best run bus lines I have ever seen.
9. That my mother in law Dottie Melia Maheux can watch the kitties and give me a ride to the bus station this morning. Her being close has been a great thing in our life.
10. The perspective that starting the day thinking of positive things brings.
11. Blogging every day since last Monday going to copy the last two positive posts on the blog.
May y’all have a great day!
1. Remembering to turn my alarms on before going to bed.
3. Lenny. Even though his ability to anmoy in the morning is very high.
4. Scotch tape dispensers for packing tape. Good to close boxes and move on.
5. Seeing Lanna Lee Maheux tomorrow. We are much too close to be parted for nine days.
6. Apartment/House hunting. Hoping we can find a most excellent place to rent.
7. New possibilities. Going for an information session with Yale Nursing School tomorrow at 3pm to look into becoming a nurse practitioner in mental health. I am very excited if daunted about this idea.
8. The fact that Concord Trailways rind an excellent bus line and that Megabus has an inexpensive nonstop bus from Boston to New Haven.
9. Getting something to eat in Boston Chinatown tomorrow. I’m hoping Connecticut has better Chinese food than Maine.
10. Totally ignoring that I am only supposed to list 3 things.
At Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, New Hampshire today so feel like reviewing some of the older games.
First is one I know from my friend and Ballyman John Reuter – Firepower II – Williams. Not one of my favorite games sound isn’t great, look isn’t great. Gameplay is just fair. 68/D+
Next Firepower (Williams). Much better than its sequel, better gameplay, better look, not a fan of the sound. 82/B-
Scorpion (Williams) A much better game that I haven’t played before. Great gameplay, interesting and challenging shots, nice upper left mini board, locks. I love wide bodies too. 93/A
Eight Ball (Bally) Not a fan. Odd feel to it. Odd sound. This particular one seems in pretty rough shape. 65/D
Kiss (Bally) Solid game. Nice look, especially on the bumpers, has kept a lot of love due to subject matter. 85/B
Silverball Mania (Bally) One of the more interesting designs for a pin ever. The center shot for the kicker save is very clever and makes it a longer player. Fun. 89/B
Gorgar (Williams) I prefer it’s widebody brother game Algar. Nice look and sound. Lots of points for the Pit. 83/B
Sorcerer (Williams) a fun game I enjoy at JR’s. Solid. 84/B
Laser Ball (Williams) Not a fan. I like widebodies but this game is in rough shape. 65/D Could be condition related. Feels rough.
Creature From the Black Lagoon (Bally) Great subject matter, fun skills, wonderful look. Difficult until you get the hang of it. 91/A-
Bram Stoker’s Dracula (Williams) Meh. Seems okay at best. 72/C-
Who dunnit (Williams) Fun game. Neat subject matter. The two minute novice mode with unlimited balls is genius. 90/A-
Fire! (Williams) Very odd feeling game. Very steep rescue victim ramps. Odd. 73/C
Teed Off (Gottlieb) Has Giant Dots big screens which is very weird. Solid little game. 83/B
Black Rose (Bally) Very dependent on center shot but still good fun. 82/B
Tale of the Arabian Nights (Williams) A fun solid game. Nice shots lamp means an awful lot. 89/B+
Tron Legacy (Stern) Feels all too fast. Lots of shiny but overly fast gameplay. 79/C+
Mustang (Stern) Nice looking but pretty meh gameplay. 80/B-
Avatar (Stern) Possibly my favorite Stern. The special edition lighting makes it less fun to me. A little harder to see. JR’s 88/B+ Here 84/B